Friday, July 29, 2016

TWO YEARS IN LALA LAND


Well, I can't believe it but I've been here 2 years now.  For some reason, it seems like it has been longer.  I would have never thought it, but I adjusted to the west coast lifestyle quite quickly.  I of course now and again think of New Jersey/New York, but not like I used to.  It is kind of sad.  I'm not sure if I don't allow my mind to think of it or it has become part of my past.  However, I do miss my friends, especially my BFF.  We try and keep in touch, but the ones I really do keep in touch with are my BFF, my writing partner and other close friends.  I even started a "virtual happy hour."  Yup!  You heard right.  A "virtual happy hour."  Man that is so 21st century.  My BFF and I try and do a cocktail hour on Fridays via FaceTime.  Unfortunately, with work, kids, home, and family, it's been hard to have too many virtual happy hours:( 

I have been lucky in making some very nice friends here.  I think I can now officially call them friends.  No.  They are not my close friends or BFFs.  Mainly because I have only known them for a short while and it takes me a very long time to trust someone and have them come into my life.  However, I am quite content with the situation as is.  It is kind of refreshing not being too close to others.  I know that sounds odd, but it leaves less room for drama.  And boy, I have had my fair share of drama!  Let's just keep it at that.  At the same time, I'm still lucky to have lifelong friends from back east.

Totally off the subject, but do you guys watch Family Guy?  It's genius.  It's hysterical.  Seth MacFarlane I bow to you.  I know it has been around for a while and my writing partner kept telling me to watch it.  Well, once I moved to LA, I started watching it.  Again, I did live in Providence, RI, for a year, and that year was one of the best years of my life.  If you watch Family Guy you know it takes place in Rhode Island.  I guess that made me sentimental, but honestly, I got addicted to the show.  Okay.  I'm not sure how everything turned to Family Guy, but what a nice note to end on.  We need a good laugh these days, considering Trump is an actual Presidential nominee.  That's my therapy advice for you during these tough times.  Have a good laugh like Peter on Family Guy.



No comments:

Post a Comment