Tuesday, October 14, 2014

TMZ is Watching You!

Hello.  I'm back.  I'm a bit disappointed to see I only have one follower still.  I guess one is better than none, even if it's only me.  I like to keep track of my own work.  One should be on top of their own work.  

Well my weekend came and went in lala land with not too much drama.  That's a lie.  I just say that to myself now a days to make myself feel better.  On a positive note: my very good friend came to visit me from, well, that's a hard one.  I'd usually write "came to visit me from NYC" since that is where she and her husband lived for many years until they recently moved outside and away from my beautiful big apple since they had a little girl who just turned 3 and the big apple became too much.

Oops!  Did I tell you where our adventure began?  It did not just begin in lala land, but in lalala land!  In what I like to call, (well I actually literally just made it up, inspiration have you) cala land!  Cala what you say?  Cala land or better known as the Black Beverly Hills or Calabasas.  Yes, we really did it.  We moved to Calabasas, California.  To Kardashianville.  I can't believe I just wrote that.  To TMZ land.  I might as well start working for Harvey Levin, the God of celebrity gossip, the creator of TMZ, the eyes and ears of this state.  Nothing slips past TMZ.  I mean, I too, "am a lahwyah" as he not so casually slips in as his post production byline at the end of every TMZ episode.  Yes.  I watch.  It's brain candy okay.  I'm horrible.  I know.  But living in Calabasas, which by the way means pumpkin in Spanish:), watching TMZ is like watching the local news.  I need to know what's going on in my neighborhood.  No more NY1 and no more NJ12 news.  It's all about who is hanging out at "The Commons".  Let's see, for my east coasters out there who may actually one day read my blog, The Commons is Calabasas's version of our strip malls.  But not just any strip mall.  Strip malls with oh so many celebrities, palm trees, music playing on sound systems, Persians galore, Jaguars, Mercedes, Ferraries, and oh thank goodness the Toyota Prius is acceptable because being green is very in on this side of the country.  I mean very in.  Man, they have taken recycling to another level.  We will leave that for another blog day.  I've already seen Jermaine Jackson at The Commons twice and haven't been here but a couple of months.  That reminds me, I must write my next blog about my encounter with Mr. Jackson and going to happy hour with my 6 year old.  Oh yes.  That is normal here in Cala land!  Back in Jersey, we'd go for a slice of pizza (man, do I miss good Pizza!) and maybe ice cream afterwards.   I'm talking ice cream.  Not frozen yogurt lala landers, but ICE CREAM.  You scream, I scream, we all scream for Ice Cream!!!

Now, I have really gotten off course.  Well, my friend, my buddy, my pal, whom I missed very much, came to visit me for a few days from guess where?  DALLAS!  Yipee!  And if any of you read the paper or watch the news or speak to other human beings every once in a while, you know what's going on in Dallas.  The Ebola pandemonium!  My husband being a physician assures everyone that we are fine.  The CDC would not allow travelers from Dallas to LAX were it a real threat and you know how reliable the CDC is and our government.  FYI:  I'm clearing my throat right now.  But honestly, I wasn't really worried.  I just found the whole thing amusing especially since we are currently living with my in-laws and my mom is visiting us from NJ as well.  We ended up having a lovely couple of days together aside from my daily migraines and on the last day my friend's poor little girl ended up getting sick with a fever.  No!  It's not EBOLA!

But how long can one survive with a 6 yr old, 4 yr old and 3 yr old running wild.  It was turning into "Lord of the Flies." All that said, we had an amazing time lala land style.  It was tough to be in the Halloween/Fall spirit when the temperature was in the 90s and we were sweating to death.  There were no leaves changing color here.  There were barely leaves.  The leaves were dying.  Have I mentioned it has not rained once since I've been here?  Okay, we also haven't had a Hurricane Sandy.  See.  I'm looking at the glass not half empty, but a bit more full than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment